SOLD - Davis Sextant Mark 25 (Like New) REDUCED
Tuesday - July 4, 2006•Views: 10616••
Davis Master Sextant Mark 25
With full-field dielectric
Original box, case, and instruction manual, all very clean and in great shape.
Rarely used. Little or no wear.
Full field beam converger with quartz hardcoat replaces conventional half silvered mirror. Horizon and astrobody images are combined in a single full field for easy, reliable sights under the most difficult conditions.
Special mineral coating is selective for different wavelengths of light. Horizon is transmitted in one color region and the star or sun in another.
Improved re-enforced plastic stiffens frame for greater measurement accuracy
High efficiency LED illumination system, which floods arc and drum with soft light, the LED will last for the lifetime of the sextant. Batteries will last ten times longer than with regular bulbs.
* 7" (18cm) Frame Radius. Graduation 120° to -5°.
* Index mirror rectangular, 1.98" x 1.49" (50 x 38mm).
* Precision machined slow travel gear and worm mechanism.
* Highly visible, easy to read micrometer drum and vernier allowing readings to 2/10 minute of arc.
* Fully ribbed, three circle sextant body for platform strength and stability.
* Large, contoured handle designed for sure steady grip and angled back for added control.
* Seven large sunshades allow complete, independent adjustment of shading density for horizon and index mirrors.
* 3 x 27mm star telescope with anti-reflective coated glass lens plus separate hooded sight tube for glare-free sun shots.
* Neck lanyard frees hands and protects sextant.
* Tough, fully padded, shock resistant carrying case with compartments for extra battery and mirror kits.
West Marine $230.00
Defenders price $237.00
Asking $150.00 OBO