• dgovatos
  • dgovatos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 4 days ago #6184 by dgovatos
1991 IP 29 Major Repair was created by dgovatos
Hello,

We just took on the job of repairing a 1991 IP 29 cutter version. She has sustained a lot of damage as she was washed up against the rocks and has lost her ballast and lower keel, and several holes punched in both sides.

We are in Phuket, Thailand and are going to have her repaired here. I thought I would ask the brain trust here what the original fiberglass system was used on the boat. I understand it may have been the West system? We will need to rebuild her keel. We have the original steel bars and will use them in concrete.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Dan
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #6190 by hayden
Replied by hayden on topic 1991 IP 29 Major Repair
Dan:
Congrats on helping out with IP 29 CRYSTAL BLUE, we all have been following here and find it sad that she washed up onto the rocks. I am sure you can rebuild her. You have a big fiberglass job ahead of you.

The Number one person you need to be in contact with is Bill Bolin who worked at the Island Packet Yachts factory for nearly 30 years. He is now incharge of helping the fleet with access to specs and drawings and support.

To gain access to Bill, you need to join the Island Packet Ancestry website here:

island-packet-ancestry.com/

Once a member there, then you can get direct support from Bill.

Please do share postings and photos with us all as you make these repairs. You can share in here or in our Facebook group. All is linked up in the menu at the top.

Thanks again and best of luck with the repairs. Keep us posted. We love to help.

Hayden

Hayden Cochran
IP35-165 Island Spirit
IslandSpirit35.blogspot.com
Rock Hall, MD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Learn more about our IPYOA projects here. We hope you find this helpful and supportive.

More Info..

Share the
JOY
of
ownership!

We have 887 guests and 2 members online