double cheek blocks Ronstan RF 879

• sashakavs
  • sashakavs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 1 week ago #6095 by sashakavs
double cheek blocks Ronstan RF 879 was created by sashakavs
There is a Ronstan RF 879 double cheek block on port side of the deck of my IP420 that leads furling line and main halyard from mast area to the cockpit winches. Well, this block failed and I cannot find a replacement one. The ones installed by IP factory have slightly curved base and the deck post on which it sits is molded to that shape. I can find a flat base block but nobody even knows about the curved version of it. Any ideas where and how to find one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #6096 by Barney1964
Replied by Barney1964 on topic double cheek blocks Ronstan RF 879
Hi Sashakavs - have you tried the manufacturer, here in Australia? www.ronstan.com.au (or the USA office / Hake Marine) I havent had a need as yet, they are still okay on our 40.
Regards
Lester

• sashakavs
  • sashakavs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 1 week ago #6166 by sashakavs
Replied by sashakavs on topic double cheek blocks Ronstan RF 879
Thanks Lester,
after unsuccessful search I gave up and in desperation bought a regular, flat bottom block with an intention to sand the post to flat. And a surprise - of course I tried to mount it first, the base is stainless, but so soft that if conforms to the shape of the post when I tightened the screws!
Thanks again
Sasha

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Learn more about our IPYOA projects here. We hope you find this helpful and supportive.

More Info..

Share the
JOY
of
ownership!

We have 819 guests and no members online