350 holding tank

• PLANET EXPRESS
  • PLANET EXPRESS's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #6172 by PLANET EXPRESS
350 holding tank was created by PLANET EXPRESS
I have looked through the posts here and do not see one with more info other than to get tank from Duraweld. I’m looking for more info on replacing the tank what all will I have to take up and cut to get new tank in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #6173 by MessingAbout
Replied by MessingAbout on topic 350 holding tank
I posted a detailed plan with pics during the removal of the holding tank from our IP 380-88. Should be in the archives. Chess Harris, The Belle of Virginia

• PLANET EXPRESS
  • PLANET EXPRESS's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #6175 by PLANET EXPRESS
Replied by PLANET EXPRESS on topic 350 holding tank
Hey, thanks for your reply I really appreciate it found your post that job you did looks great!
The tank on the 350 is not in the same place the little access door is forward and the tank looks to be under the forward birth door jamb towards the back.

More
5 years 8 months ago #6177 by MessingAbout
Replied by MessingAbout on topic 350 holding tank
Have to love it! For us, looking at that beautiful sole, and then making four blind cuts based on IP-provided scale drawings, was high anxiety, but proved to be spot-on. Yes, measured 3-4, maybe 5 times before the oscillating saw blade plunged into the sole. And of course, add the great ventalation down there, with the wonderful smells from the holed holding tank...a wonderful time.

I spoke with the folks in FL that made the original alum holding tank, and they gave a great price for a replacement. The Duraweld one was super nice too, all poly with a removable access lid for potential cleaning if needed.

Rethreading the access pipes into the installed tank was another high anxiety event too.

Good luck!

Chess and Karen
IP 380-88
The Belle of Virginia

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

We have 971 guests and no members online

Disclaimer

Sincerely,

The International IPYOA administration team.