• Dosamantes
  • Dosamantes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #6092 by Dosamantes
IP40 Vented loop was created by Dosamantes
Greetings,
We are in the process of replacing our holding tank. Chose the Dura Weld tank, waiting for delivery. We do not live close to our slip and did not have time to measure the sanitation hoses from the heads to the tank, so we are planning to just order 30' of so from defender. While researching the topic on this site, I have read that many models have vented loops installed from the factory. Having run into siphoning issues on our IP, I believe that at some point the vented loops may have been removed or bypassed by the previous owner, due maybe to poor accessability. Question is, did the IP 40's have vented loops from both heads?
Thanks in advance for any input!

Randy
SV Dos Amantes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #6093 by Delicia
Replied by Delicia on topic IP40 Vented loop
Randy,
The IP 40 ( or at least mine, a 1995, and a friend's IP40 a 1999 I think) don't have vented loops on the front head. The forward head bowl rim is above the water line and on the centerline so the boat should not flood with a head failure. So I believe that IP didn't think a vented loop was needed in the front head. The rear head does have a vented loop which is located in the cabinet under the sink.
Hope this helps.

George
S/V Delicia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dosamantes

• Dosamantes
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #6094 by Dosamantes
Replied by Dosamantes on topic IP40 Vented loop
Thanks for the reply George! I will hopefully find it this week. I am sure now that the vented loop was bypassed in the aft head. A year ago we had a problem with that head and found the discharge hose almost completely plugged with what looked like cement! When I replaced the hose, it went directly to the three way valve under the port settee.

More
3 months 1 day ago #6097 by Barney1964
Replied by Barney1964 on topic IP40 Vented loop
Hi Randy, our IP 40 ('97 Hull # 100) does not have a vented loop forward, and the aft head didnt have a vented loop, nor was there evidence of there having been one. We addressed that issue in 2014.
Good luck with replacing the holding tank.
Lester sv Joule
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dosamantes

• Dosamantes
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #6101 by Dosamantes
Replied by Dosamantes on topic IP40 Vented loop
Wow so easy to find, cant believe I missed that.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

We have 697 guests and 2 members online