Re: IP 380 Leaking Holding Tank

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #2361 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: IP 380 Leaking Holding Tank
What was the total cost? I do not have a leak but have a concerned prospective buyer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2362 by Tricia
Replied by Tricia on topic Re: IP 380 Leaking Holding Tank
We had our holding tank and water tanks changed at the same time because we didn't want to have to take the floor up again. We used Tek Tanks in the UK and the Marine Team at Mylor Yacht Harbour Cornwall to carry out the work. Because we had to cut the floor to access the tanks we replaced all the flooring as we couldn't match the original in the UK. For more information contact 0044 (01326 372121) or www.mylor.com, all the best Tricia

More
10 years 5 months ago #2440 by antares
Replied by antares on topic Re: IP 380 Leaking Holding Tank
I have another TP-380 (#89) with a leaking holding tank. I've seen some of the photos posted on line, but I wonder if anyone has more specific information? Where can I get the replacement tank? I usually do most work myself, but this job looks like a bear!
Thanks!
Joe

More
10 years 5 months ago #2441 by mgraham
Replied by mgraham on topic Re: IP 380 Leaking Holding Tank
We have now used Ronco plastics marine division to fabricate a number of holding tanks for us, and they have been to perfection. They have an extensive list (450?) of sizes, and will make to any one of those for very reasonable prices. they will put the dip tubes, etc, right where you want. Problem is, you are taking out a stainless, and need to pick a size that will fit. Someone may have selected a standard size.

Good luck, we went with 15 gallon (very small) and a lectrascan treatment unit since we are seldom in no discharge zones. I am convinced it is cleaner than pumping out and letting it run through a local sewage plant.

mike

More
10 years 5 months ago #2442 by hayden
Replied by hayden on topic Re: IP 380 Leaking Holding Tank
Joe:
You can also call or email the www.IPY.com factory ipyoa.com/help/contacts and they can bid on an exact replacement tank. They also can bid on a fiberglass tank. If you are near Florida (but it looks like you are in the Med?) then west coast of Florida you can have the factory cut out the floor and install a new fiberglass tank. Factory replaced tanks can be $4K to $9K depending on the model. On the Ip380, the floor gets cut out to access the tank.
Hayden

Hayden Cochran
IP35-165 Island Spirit
IslandSpirit35.blogspot.com
Rock Hall, MD

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #2501 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: IP 380 Leaking Holding Tank
Has anyone tried a bladder tank? I replaced the leaking aluminum holding tank in my IP32 with a bladder tank about 6 years ago. I just cut up and removed the aluminum tank in the port locker under the seat, and installed the bladder using the same plumbing and vent. Six years now with no problems and no oders. Vic

More
10 years 4 months ago #2502 by mgraham
Replied by mgraham on topic Re: IP 380 Leaking Holding Tank
I really encourage you to call the factory and get their price. It may surprise you how reasonable it is compared to using local resources for an inferior product. In your location, we used True North from the south side of Clear Lake to devise a solution for our IP 44. They did an excellent job, but it did not think to get a factory quote.

More
8 years 11 months ago #4001 by Rwirtz
Replied by Rwirtz on topic IP 380 Leaking Holding Tank
The holding tank on our 2000 IP380 is leaking. As we are in St. Petersburg, Fl I plan getting a quote from IP. Any suggestions on what else we might want to have done on a 15 year old boat? Any recommendations on other businesses in the area I might to consider for this work? Thanks to everyone for the discussion, information and suggestions. Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimters

More
8 years 11 months ago #4003 by mgraham
Replied by mgraham on topic IP 380 Leaking Holding Tank
In looking at the prior descriptions of replacement, it appears that your tanks are under flooring only, and not under a fiberglass pan for a head, which simplifies the process greatly. There is a difference between the method used by IP factory and that done by others, and you should probably make that decision first.

IP builds custom tanks out of wood and glass. Others use poly tanks which are far less expensive to build, more odor free, and certainly easier to work with. A good craftsman can remove the teak flooring, which hopefully will come up as one piece from the fiberglass flooring below. Then the fiberglass flooring is cut out. All of this is done around the edges so that the edge molding hides the seams and screws that will hold it all back down.

Once the flooring is up, it should be a simple matter to remove the old tank, and fit in either a new standard tank or a custom tank. I have bought several standard tanks from Ronco, they make poly waste tanks in so many shapes and sizes you cannot believe it. Here is the link to the Ronco catalog, which is frankly a little hard to follow, Ronco Marine Catalog
But a perhaps better link is to the site that handles Ronco, Todd and some other brand (I prefer Ronco) Alternative site .

the great thing about the poly tanks is that they are made to order (the sizes are molds they have) and the fittings and tie down tabs can be placed any where.

So the first thing, I think, that you want to do, is decide which you want, the fiberglass and wood tank, or the poly tank. You are guided from there. I have some pictures of IP making a water tank to go in an IP44 like mine. But I could not find them quickly. If I find them I will post.

More
8 years 10 months ago #4007 by Rwirtz
Replied by Rwirtz on topic IP 380 Leaking Holding Tank
I've contacted IPY for a quote for replacement of and schematic of the an IP380 holding tank. If anyone has additional information on bladder tanks it would be appreciated, i.e, sources or experience using one. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

We have 644 guests and no members online

Disclaimer

Sincerely,

The International IPYOA administration team.