New Lofrans Tigres with 3/8BB Gypsy available

• jhstacy
  • jhstacy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #5506 by jhstacy
jhstacy created the topic: New Lofrans Tigres with 3/8BB Gypsy available
I bought one of the Lofrans Tigres windlass when Captain Bruce negotiated the great deal of $1795 a about 7 months back. The boat is finally out of the water and the windlass is sitting in our living room unused since then as we decided it was not the best fit due to this size and location of the hole where the original windlass is installed.
We have no plan to install this windlass so I’m hoping that someone may have use for it on your Island Packet. I’m offering it for the $1795 that I paid plus shipping. I’m located in Pensacola, FL.

Jimmy Stacy
IP-35 #99 Volans
Pensacola, FL
850-384-0799

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #5532 by Miss Adele
Miss Adele replied the topic: New Lofrans Tigres with 3/8BB Gypsy available
I was debating making this purchase as well. Can you explain more about why the unit does fit? Is issue specific to your existing windlass; if so what make / model is it?

• jhstacy
  • jhstacy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #5533 by jhstacy
jhstacy replied the topic: New Lofrans Tigres with 3/8BB Gypsy available
Hi Miss Adele, I recently sold my windlass, but I can explain why it did not fit for me. I have an IP-35. Essentially the same model boat that Hayden and Radeen have, except if you look at Hayden's photos, the lofrans tigres fits perfectly on his bowsprit with both hawse pipes fitting on each side of the windlass motor cover. When I placed the same windlass in the same position, the motor cover was covering up half of each of the hawse pipes. If I moved the windlass forward, it was too far forward for the chain to drop. So for some reason, mine must have been much closer to each other than other IP-35. My old windlass is a Simson Lawrence Power Anchorman. It's placement would have also left me needing to replace the teak on the bowsprit to cover the hole. I'm hoping to find a drop in windlass that will fit where the old Anchorman is currently installed. I suspect it would fit perfectly on other IP-35 and larger boats.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

We have 511 guests and one member online