115v A/C 30 amp main breaker

• Grianphort
  • Grianphort's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #5740 by Grianphort
Grianphort created the topic: 115v A/C 30 amp main breaker
My IP38 has a 3 pole, single throw toggle breaker that I need to change but so far I have not been able to find a replacement. Does anyone have any info on where I can purchase one? I have tried all the usual on line sites but have not had any lock.

Thanks,
Ross

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #5742 by Delicia
Delicia replied the topic: 115v A/C 30 amp main breaker
What does this breaker do? i.e. is it a shore power breaker? If so it is a double pole single throw breaker like a Blue Sea A-Series Black Toggle Circuit Breaker - Double Pole 30A
# 7237. These break the hot and neutral circuits and leave the ground connected?

If not I am not sure what you need. I would like to help, please give me some more info on the application.

George
S/V Delicia

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #5747 by PlumBob
PlumBob replied the topic: 115v A/C 30 amp main breaker
Ross,

I'm having trouble envisioning how a 3 pole, single-throw breaker would work. If 2 poles are connected when the breaker is in the "on" position, what is the configuration of the poles when it's in the "off" position?

PlumBob / Sam
S/V Whimsy

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #5750 by dlauginiger
dlauginiger replied the topic: 115v A/C 30 amp main breaker
Sam,
Not sure why you would need a 3-pole main breaker. ABYC calls for a double pole single throw (DPST) breaker (trips & cannot be held in on position during fault). I just installed one on my IP38 and it is connected to the supply and return for power. The ground (Green) wire has a galvanic isolator installed inline to help prolong the life of my zincs (at least while on shore power). Blue Sea Systems has an AC Main 30A breaker, Amazon has it for $80.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #5752 by PlumBob
PlumBob replied the topic: 115v A/C 30 amp main breaker
dlauginiger, I'm not the original poster - not my 3-pole, single-throw breaker.

That would be Grianphort, up in the first post of this thread (#5740)....

I'm in complete agreement w/ you and Delicia - I can't imagine why there would be a 3 pole switch there.

Sam

• Grianphort
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #5753 by Grianphort
Grianphort replied the topic: 115v A/C 30 amp main breaker
secure.paneltronics.com/atimo_s/prods/20...component_search.jpg

Thanks everyone, i found the 3 pole 30 amp breaker, as per original equipment, at Paneltronics.

Ross

More
2 months 1 week ago #5761 by Vandergraaff
Vandergraaff replied the topic: 115v A/C 30 amp main breaker
On my 1985 IP 27 this is NOT a simple 3 pole breaker. One pole breaks the "live", one breaks the neutral, and the other breaks if >75 volts is detected between the neutral and ground. In other words, the third pole provides protection in case the marina has their live and neutral reversed (reverse polarity protection).

Be certain that you hook up the correct wires to the correct terminals. Not all of the breakers come with their "stack" in the same sequence, as I found the hard way.

• Grianphort
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 1 week ago #5765 by Grianphort
Grianphort replied the topic: 115v A/C 30 amp main breaker
Thanks Vandergraaff, My breaker poles perform the same as yours. I did note this stack alignment issue on another post someplace so when I receive my new breaker (ships on the 15th) I'll ensure i wire it accordingly.
Safe Sailing,
Ross

Moderators: acajunshawnee
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

We have 359 guests and no members online