My Google Maps ICW to Abaco and Exumas

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #5708 by hayden
hayden created the topic: My Google Maps ICW to Abaco and Exumas
I wrote this email to another IP owner and I thought it would be a good idea to share it here and archive it here as well. Radeen and I have made 10 trips on the ICW 5 up 5 down and we have run into the Bahamas 6 winters. During these runs from 2011 to 2017 we have made Google Maps with pins at each stop, each anchorage. Some pins one some maps actually have a photo with each pin. The value of these maps are that they show you what the daily runs are and they show you where to stop. If you are planning a run down the ICW on the USA east coast, then these maps will really be of interests to you. Here are the links and what they are about. Enjoy.

copy of email help
Here is a map you can study as it shows the run from Maine to Chesapeake Bay. Simply read the index left hand column and start at Norms Rendezvous where we left from. We left Norms on Aug 3, 2009.

www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1TOjf...5914%2C11.634521&z=7

This next map to study is our first ICW trip south departing Rock Hall MD on Oct 22, 2011. This map was mad by had and I added these pins every night or every morning. It shows the stops along the way.

www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1PY7L...9.12565949999998&z=5

This is our 2nd trip down the ICW and this we departed on Sept 27, 2012 from Rock Hall, MD. This map I started to add photos to each map pin. Use this map to study the stops down the ICW again, these are similar to the ones we did in 2011, but now we knew the places to stop and did a better job. I would study this map a lot...

www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1zaeA...935%2C-93.575534&z=5

Then, finally, after your eyes go crossed from the above maps, you can look at any and all our maps from 2006 to 2017 here:
islandspirit35.blogspot.com/p/google-maps-where-we-are.html

Let me know what questions you may have.
We are very happy to help.

Hayden

Hayden Cochran
IP35-165 Island Spirit
IslandSpirit35.blogspot.com
Rock Hall, MD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Moss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: JRGabor
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

We have 541 guests and 2 members online