Loran Tigres Windlass at Discount

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #4975 by hayden
Loran Tigres Windlass at Discount was created by hayden
Captain Bruce Gregory, the creator and administrator of the , IP Mailing List Server has secured a fantastic discount to all list subscriber members. If you are on his mailing lust, then you would have received this announcement. If you are not a member of the mailing list and if you are looking to buy the best windlass on the planet, then contact Bruce for this huge savings.
www.ipyoa.com/contacts

Here are the details:

Special pricing for List members, contact Bruce for special price. See the contacts page.....
Delivered anywhere in the world right to your door and this delivery is FREE to IP list members.

This unit is usually sold with a 3/8" gypsy with an upcharge for any other
size but for members the gypsy size change is FREE, 3 year MFG Warrantee.

I don't know how long I can offer this as such a low price but for now,....it is available.

Fair winds, calm seas,

Captain Bruce Gregory, IP List Adminstrator
www.ipyoa.com/contacts
USCG 100 Ton Master of Power & Sail
IP-32-84, Morning Star, Nyack, NY

Hayden Cochran
IP35-165 Island Spirit
IslandSpirit35.blogspot.com
Rock Hall, MD
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by hayden.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #4980 by Boatskipper
Replied by Boatskipper on topic Loran Tigres Windlass at Discount
That telephone number to reach Captain Bruce to take advantage of this fabulous deal on the Lofrans Tigres Horizontal Windlass is:
Dont forget to tell him you found this deal on the IPYOA website and if not a member will entitle you to a full one year subscription to the now famous Island Packet Owner's Mailing List. in addition to your ability to take advantage of this one time $1,795.00 price on the Lofrans Tigres, this is a $1,000.00 savings over US distributor pricing.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by hayden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SailCS36T

More
7 years 9 months ago #4993 by Zen
Replied by Zen on topic Loran Tigres Windlass at Discount
That is an amazing deal on the windlass I've had my eye on for quite a while. I'll call first thing in the morning.

Thanks for sharing Hayden!

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #4995 by Boatskipper
All I need is your ship to address, gypsy chain size and type and credit card info. YOu will receive it in 5 to 8 days and dont forget, there is no shipping, tax or customs charges and still it is only $1,795.00 USD riight to your door or boat.

Fair winds, calm seas,
Captain Bruce Gregory, Island Packet Mailing List Administrator
USCG 100 Ton Master of Power & Sail
IP-32-84, Morning Star, Nyack, NY
Currently on the hard in Moore Haven, Florida
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Boatskipper. Reason: added text

More
7 years 9 months ago #4996 by jhstacy
Replied by jhstacy on topic Loran Tigres Windlass at Discount
I spoke to Captain Bruce this morning and he is ordering me one to replace my SL Anchorman that is on it's last leg. What a wonderful deal. Thanks so much for making this available to the IPYOA members. Now I have to dig up Hayden's pictures and description of what is involved in replacing the old SL and making my Chain fall in place nicely B)

More
7 years 9 months ago #5008 by nscott54
Replied by nscott54 on topic Loran Tigres Windlass at Discount
Thanks for setting this up Hayden.
On doing a little research it appears that the gypsey is for chain only, no chain/rope rode. Is this correct or can it be converted?

As you know, I am in the process of sailing slowly around the world and use a mixed rode - 200 feet chain/200 feet rope - to keep the bow weight down.

Neil

More
7 years 9 months ago #5009 by Zen
Replied by Zen on topic Loran Tigres Windlass at Discount
I've been researching these windlass for quite some time and have never run across a Tigres that isn't both gypsy and drum.

More
7 years 9 months ago #5010 by Boatskipper
This windlass is for both chain and rope. The left side of the windlass has a capstan for rope and the right side has the gypsy for chain. They operate independently of each other.
For more details and/or to order call Captain Bruce at 201.400.1442 or write This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
7 years 9 months ago #5011 by nscott54
Hi, thanks for the info.
As you can appreciate, with a rope/chain combo rode, (for reasons detailed above), it is a tad difficult to pull up on the capstan side whatever rope is out and then the 200 feet of chain on the gypsey side, especially as the capstan side does not align with the bow roller over which the rode is being pulled.
Seems like it will not work for me. Too bad.

Neil

More
7 years 9 months ago #5012 by hayden
Replied by hayden on topic Loran Tigres Windlass at Discount
Neil
I would not give up but rather I would ask Lofrans. Most chain gypsy drums can also pull in rope as it falls deeper into the teeth. I would ask this question to the manufacturer.

Hayden

Hayden Cochran
IP35-165 Island Spirit
IslandSpirit35.blogspot.com
Rock Hall, MD

More
7 years 9 months ago #5013 by Boatskipper
I am afraid that your use of rope and chain is a very uncommon set up. There are two reasons for this, you are putting a lot of faith on a rope to chain knot in safekeeping your 200' of chain. If the rope fails you lose 200' of chain and an anchor. Most folks carry two anchors, one lunch hook on rope (with a very short piece of chain, say 6'), and one larger anchor on all chain. This is still workable for you. Separate the rope and chain and only use the chain gypsy with the chain. If as you say, you are going to cruise the world you should not give a second thought to setting up a proper system. As it is you could be throwing away your chain and anchor at your first anchorage. :-(

More
7 years 9 months ago #5014 by nscott54
Points to ponder, indeed. Maybe we have been lucky, but we have been in hundreds of anchorages across the pacific, around Australia, through Indonesia, across the Indian and down to Cape Town where we are currently. The rope chain set up has worked well.
I will do as Hayden suggests and enquire abour rope/chain gypseys with Lorfan direct.

Thanks,

Neil

More
7 years 9 months ago #5015 by Boatskipper
Think real long on that idea, at first it seams like it is possible but after you really think about it you realize that when dropping the anchor you are inviting a real problem. when the chain rope joint hits the gypsy and poofdah

But then that is only my opinion and worth what you paid for it.

More
7 years 9 months ago #5016 by Boatskipper
Yes, maybe you have been lucky. I know a neighbor near my Florida house who has been crossing route 19 in a power chair for more than 20 years without a mishap, that is until this year, he unfortunately is, no longer with us.

More
7 years 9 months ago #5027 by mgraham
Replied by mgraham on topic Loran Tigres Windlass at Discount
Can it be ordered with 5/16 HT chain on both sides. Running a 92 Maxwell HWC 2200 now. Ok if port side has chain and rope. thank you so much.

More
7 years 9 months ago #5029 by Boatskipper
I am sorry but what you are looking for is the Lofrans 'Titan' which weighs in at a hefty 115 kg. and costs 6197.80 USD. PLUS shipping.

The Unit we are offering is the Lofrans Tigres which would be set up for you with a captan for rope & chain on the port side and a Gypsy for 5/16" HT (G4) chain on the Starboard side.

Lastly, this IPYOA SPECIAL OFFER at $1795 will end next week and the cost will rise to the regular discounted price of $1995.00

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #5036 by mgraham
Replied by mgraham on topic Loran Tigres Windlass at Discount
I had anticipated 5/16 chain + Rope on port side, and 5/16 chain only on starboard side. Do you suggest the Titan because of the size and weight of an IP 44 (27,500 lpb displacement -- plan to use a 55 lp rocna on port and a Fortress on starboard, although had not quite figured out how to get them both to ride. Or because I didn't need the rope.

We use 300' of 5/16 chain on starboard and 250 feet of 5/16 ht on port. I begin to clutch my chest at the price of the Titan. When I look at the pulling power and specs of my old HWC 2200, the Tigress seems about the same as I remember, although I may be reading them wrong. the HWC 2200 is 2200 pounds at 50 feet per minute, while the tigress is 2300 pounds at 80 feet per minutes.

Mike
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by mgraham.

More
7 years 9 months ago #5037 by Boatskipper
Mike, I do not see any problem with using the Tigres on a IP-44, the Tigres is more than 3000 pounds at approx 60 to 105 feet per minute which exceeds the HWC spec. Actually I only offered up the Titan as an out of the box duel gypsy windlass, but that windlass is much too big for ANY Island Packet. The dead lift alone is over 3000 pounds and the windlass itself almost weighs 300 pounds, additionally this unit uses 140 amps at 24 volts, most boats wont even have that supply.
Lofrans Tigres Spec
Consumption: 1500 W / 12 V 130 Amp
Max. Pull: 1500 kg
Application Load: 190 kg
Max. Lift Load: 750 kg
Hauling Speed: 20 - 35 m/min
Gipsy For Chain: 8 mm, ISO 4565

More
7 years 9 months ago #5038 by Boatskipper
Mike, and by the way, I am holding the IPYOA Member price for you because we started this discussion early but you have to act right away, say over the next couple of days..

More
7 years 8 months ago #5057 by Boatskipper
This deal is over. Anyone that talked with me previous might get a reprieve from my contact in Spain but I cannot guarantee anything until I contact him.
Fair wind,
Captain Bruce Gregory

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds

We have 633 guests and no members online

Disclaimer

Sincerely,

The International IPYOA administration team.