Welcome to IPYOA.com
the Island Packet Yacht Owners' Association
Created by ISLAND PACKET OWNERS and managed by IP OWNERS
IPYOA.com offers the Island Packet Yacht Owner and the IP Community a complete portal system connecting together all island packet resources and websites. The portal extends our sharing beyond photos, forums and email with the addition of a shared Google Map system, a Document Library, Shared Links, a Video Indexing system and a Cruising Reports System. Enjoy the site and enjoy the connections, sharing, learning and discoveries our site offers.
- Collaborative Google Map System
- Share anchorages, marinas, service yards, dealers, and more
- Document Library
- Share PDFs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Database files
- Share How to Articles
- Classified Ads System
- Post and manage your own classified ads
- Shared Links Database
- Add URLs to resources sorted into a logical system
- Integration of All IP Web Sites
- IPphotos.com, IPmail, BLISS, IP UK, MDSchool.com & IPY.com
- Cruising Reports Section
- Post and share trip reports
- Ask questions related to cruising areas
- Video Indexing and Sharing Feature
- Index your YouTube videos for everyone to enjoy
- RSS Feeds of IP Owners and their Blogs
- Owners with blogs are indexed for all to follow
- Google Picasa Photos Indexed (better to use RSS and feeds)
- IP owners can index their public picasa photo albums for all to enjoy
- IP Owner's with Businesses
- Free Banner ads to all IP owners who own a business and want to advertise here
- Wordpress BLOGS for all (dropped, better to use blogger and RSS feeds)
- Beta: If you want to explore blogging for free, then we have installed Wordpress MU, multi-user blogging tool. Check it out
- ABOUT THIS IDEA....
- Events Calendar added Feb 2010 (upgraded this into the community app 2011)
- Add cruising dates to a shared calendar
- Create event locations and schedule registration for rendezvous
- Plan Mini-vous in event locations
- the First IPY owner driven Polling / Quiz system 2010
- New IP Community app added to connect, share and learn from all owners! This is the BEST community app next to Facebook. Login and share, login and learn...
- Integrated VIDEO sharing app, added into the community
- One month of work....all NEW APPS...all NEW VERSIONS....upgraded the foundation and the apps driving this site. Time to move this to a faster server...
- April 2011, ORDERED NEW SERVER ... site will be upgraded to a faster server and the best on the market.
- Sunday: MAY 1, 2011....NEW SERVER IS INSTALLED, IPYOA has been MOVED to Rochen servers, the best and fastest Joomla servers in the world!
- June 2012: Upgraded all APPS (10) to latest versions. Site is serving more data every day!
- Summer 2013, upgrading Server and template and apps to deal with the added bandwidth and demands.
- Summer 2013 we are fighting server overloads and excessive loads. Rochen is suggesting a larger $erver, but I am working this one to the max!
- Sept 2013, several bids received to upgrade IPYOA site $4,000 to $6,000. Looks like I will keep shopping. No one will bid on integrating ipphotos into IPYOA, so that project is still on the board....
- Sept 2014: Upgrades constantly being applied. Bids are now to $2,500 to migrate site to a newer version. Upgrade and IPphotos.com integration will happen in time....
- Note: I work on IPYOA and IPphotos administration, 1-2 hours per day.
- SERVING over 20,000 page views per month! Enjoy
Hours invested to build ver. 5.0 to release point in 2009
96+ hrs. while living on IP35-165 Vero Beach Marina and doing Drexel Grad School
Jan 1, 2009 to Feb 9, 2009 (re-build time)
average daily work invested on this site is 2+ hrs per night since then
of course every site is Beta, so this is a work in progress, Enjoy the site
Hours invested into ver 4.0 was 100+ hrs. but that site was too complicated to use.